Other Outdoor Summer Marine Science Educator Abroad
Marine Science Educators wanted to teach teen summer courses in the Caribbean!
Over the past twenty years, Broadreach has taken more than 17,000 students on our study abroad programs to over 40 countries. With programs for middle school and high school students, Broadreach courses span the globe exploring extraordinary destinations and fascinating topics through hands-on instruction, field research and service learning.
Critical to our success is our team of knowledgeable program leaders who inspire students, foster personal growth and cultivate leadership development. Broadreach instructors prioritize safety and risk management while also serving as mentors and friends to their students. They are engaging, energetic, and fun role models who enjoy building meaningful relationships with students. Leading a Broadreach program is a fulfilling, exciting, and demanding position.
Marine Science Educators teach an introductory 12 day course to either middle school or high school students in either the Bahamas or Leeward Islands of the Caribbean. Programs can be mentally and physically demanding for students and instructors which makes maintaining a positive attitude key. Programs are limited to 12 students and led by two to three instructors to manage everything from delivering course content to leading onshore activities and more.
In addition to teaching the curriculum, Marine Science Educators work with their co-leader(s) to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, lead games and community service activities, and other program tasks. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun, positive and cohesive community are all important requirements.
Contracts range from three to ten weeks in length from early June through mid-August.
· Undergraduate degree in marine science or related field of study.
· Experience teaching marine biology to students, preferably to teenagers in an outdoor setting.
· Group facilitation experience and an understanding group dynamic and conflict resolution concepts.
· Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
· Good physical health and stamina to actively participate and encourage students throughout program duration.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
· Great communication skills. We work with a variety of stakeholders in diverse locations and seek someone with a professional demeanor to serve as Broadreach ambassadors to our international partners throughout the world.
· Able to attend staff training in early June.
· International travel and youth program leading experience preferred.
· PADI Open Water scuba diver certification preferred.
· Sailing experience ideal, but not required.
· Open availability from early June to early August strongly preferred.
How to ApplyTo apply: please submit your resume and availability to www.broadreachstaff.com
391 total views, 1 today