Other Outdoor Summer Multimedia Instructor in Scandinavia
Multimedia Instructor Wanted to Teach Summer Study Abroad Course in Scandinavia!
Over the past twenty years, Broadreach has taken more than 17,000 students on our study abroad programs to over 40 countries. With programs for middle school, high school and college aged students, Broadreach courses span the globe exploring extraordinary destinations and fascinating topics through hands-on instruction, field research and service learning.
Critical to our success is our team of knowledgeable program leaders who inspire students, foster personal growth and cultivate leadership development. Broadreach instructors prioritize safety and risk management while also serving as mentors and friends to their students. They are engaging, energetic, and fun role models who enjoy building meaningful relationships with students. Leading a Broadreach program is a fulfilling, exciting, and demanding position.
Multimedia Instructors teach a college level course to high school students in Sweden and Norway. Programs can be mentally and physically challenging for students and instructors which makes maintaining a positive attitude essential. Programs are limited to 12 students and led by two instructors who manage everything from delivering course content to leading activities and more.
In addition to teaching the curriculum, Multimedia Instructors work with their co-leader to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, lead games and community service activities, and other program tasks. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun, positive and cohesive community are all important requirements.
Contracts range from four to ten weeks in length from early June through mid-August.
· Master’s or PhD in related field of study (i.e. photography, videography, design, studio art, digital or interactive media, communication, etc.)
· Experience teaching creative arts at the high school or college level.
· Experience facilitating a group and understanding group dynamic and conflict resolution concepts.
· Strong decision making and problem solving skills, able to work without direct supervision and adaptable to often changing, dynamic environments.
· Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
· Good physical health and stamina to actively participate and encourage students throughout program duration.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
· Strong organizational skills to manage budget, program expenses, student documents, etc.
· Great communication skills. We work with a variety of stakeholders in diverse locations and seek someone with a professional demeanor to serve as Broadreach ambassadors to our international partners throughout the world.
· Knowledge of host country and cultural norms or a willingness to learn and passion to share this information with students.
· Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, North Carolina in early June.
· International travel and program leading experience preferred.
· Experience or comfort with the adventure activities included on the program such as hiking, sea kayaking, snorkeling, and other outdoor activities.
How to ApplyTo apply: please submit your resume and availability to www.broadreachstaff.com
409 total views, 1 today