Other Outdoor Trip Leader
Cheerio Adventures is a YMCA overnight tripping camp that runs 1-2 week trips for kids ages 9-16yrs old. The camp is located in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia right on the wild and scenic New River, with access to the Mount Rodgers Recreational area and the Jefferson National Forest being only 1/2 hr away.
A trip leader will co-lead one and two week overnight trips for kids ages 10-16 in a variety of activities. These activities may include: Backpacking, hiking, rock-climbing/rappelling, river canoeing, river kayaking, whitewater rafting, caving, just to name a few. Trip leaders are responsible for teaching and leading these skills to their group (which is usually 12 participants), packing out food, and equipment necessary to lead the trips, and provide a fun and safe environment for the campers to grow. We expect the trip leaders to be positive role models, have a strong work ethic, and be out of camp for extended periods of time. Trip leaders must have enjoy working with kids of all ages, and be patient, fun, creative, and physically strong.
• Must be a rising sophomore in college or 20 yrs old.
• Enjoys kids/teens and being outside
• Have experience working with kids in a camp setting or equivalent
• 12 week commitment from May 21-August 12, 2018
• Must be Physically Fit: be able to run a 5 K, carry a 50 lb+ backpack, lift and load canoes and kayaks etc….
• Must be a competent swimmer
• Some skills or experience in the following areas is helpful:
o Climbing, canoeing, rafting, caving, backpacking, camping, kayaking, hiking, orienteering, outdoor cooking, minimal impact camping ethics
• Competitive Salary based on experience
• Room and board provided
o Washer and dryer on site to use at no cost
• Certifications obtained during training: CPR/AED, Wilderness First Aid, Epinephrine training, and American Canoe Association River Instructor Cert (up to level III)
• GET PAID TO PLAY OUTSIDE!
How to ApplyTo apply online: https://www.campcheerio.org/secure/adv-association-application-one.aspx
96 total views, 2 today