Trek & Backpack Trip Leader
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Wilderness Trip Leaders for the 2021 season. Trip Leaders manage the safety of trip participants while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education courses in the field, including kayaking, rafting, backpacking, rock climbing. Instructors manage risks and assure effective courses, while serving as an educator and role model. Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens, and adults, complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion and participate in pre-trip and post-trip meetings. Additional duties include: facilitating meaningful group experiences and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for students to follow.
• Prior experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, outdoor recreation, or residential summer camps
• Current Wilderness First Aid certification. Wilderness First Responder preferred.
• Competency in risk management skills
• Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of an NCOAE on-campus instructor training or NCOAE Outdoor Educator Training
• 3+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education programs
• Current WFR or WEMT certification
• Leave No Trace Trainer
• Associate’s, Bachelors’s, or Master’s degree in adventure education, outdoor education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree
How to ApplyInterested individuals may apply by submitting their cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
98 total views, 1 today