Other Outdoor Washington Program Manager
Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) seeks a Program Manager to provide daily leadership, administrative support and management of the Mazama basecamp and associated programming. Responsibilities include course directing, training, mentorship of Course Directors and Trainers, ensuring quality training, programming, community building, and some aspects of business management.
Approximately 6.5 month position (tentatively scheduled mid-April- October). Work schedule will be coordinated with the rest of the management team and will vary based on program schedule. There will be periods throughout the season (such as the training season, when working as a CD, or when otherwise in the field) when the PM will work more than 5 days in row, otherwise a 5-on, 2-off schedule will be the goal.
• Bachelor degree and/or 4-6 years experience in the outdoor education/experiential learning field or any similar combination of education and experience.
• Have the human, technical, and educational skills to work as a trainer for multiple technical and educational modules.
• Management experience required.
• Possess a current Wilderness First Responder Certification or willing to obtain one before start date.
• Proficient with PC in Windows environment with Microsoft Suite, Adobe, and Google Suite.
* See job description on website for complete responsibilities and requirements.
About Northwest Outward Bound School
With over 50 years of innovation in experiential and outdoor education in the Pacific Northwest, Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) continues to change lives through challenge and discovery. Our transformative and educational wilderness courses are set in some of the most dramatic and stunning parts of the United States. NWOBS was founded in 1965 and facilitates wilderness-based programs in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and also serves urban youth and schools in the Portland metropolitan area. As an Outward Bound school, we are committed to the core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, equity, inclusion and diversity, and strive to achieve the following outcomes: building character, developing leadership skills, and creating an ethic of social and environmental responsibility.
How to ApplyGo to https://www.nwobs.org/connect/employment/
261 total views, 1 today