Trek & Backpack Wilderness Field Instructor
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Wilderness Field Instructors for the 2023 season (Apr-Sept). Instructors manage the safety of the students while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education programming in the field, including sea kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, whitewater rafting, and more! Instructors also manage risks and assure effective courses, while serving as an educator and role model.
Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion and participate in pre-trip and post-trip briefs. Additional duties include facilitating a meaningful group experience and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for students to follow. NCOAE is proud to be an AEE (Association for Experiential Education) accredited organization.
• Prior experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, residential summer camps, or related field
• Current Wilderness First Aid. Wilderness First Responder certification preferred(or willingness to obtain)
• Competency in risk management skills
• Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of the NCOAE instructor course
• 3+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education programs
• Current WFR or WEMT certification
• Master’s, Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in adventure education, outdoor education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree
How to ApplyInterested applicants may apply by submitting their cover letter, resume, references, and backcountry trip log to firstname.lastname@example.org
218 total views, 2 today