Snow Winter Feild Intern
– Description of Organization –
ETC is a non-profit, volunteer based organization that provides outdoor adventure and environmental education experiences for people of all abilities. ETC conducts Sea Kayak, Whitewater Rafting, and Cross Country Skiing trips for youth and adults from under-resourced backgrounds and people with disabilities as well as extended Youth Leadership Programs for disadvantaged youth.
– Position Description –
The Winter Field Intern will be based out of Arnold and Bear Valley, CA and will be trained to staff two to three day accessible cross-country ski trips for people with disabilities and youth and adults from under resourced backgrounds.
– Duties & Responsibilities –
• Seek to provide meaningful outdoor experiences for ETC participants
• Work within a team of guides to ensure trips are operated in a safe manner
• Facilitate activities focusing on group development, XC ski and snowshoe instruction, environmental education, and human and natural history
• Aid with trip logistics including but not limited to food preparation, equipment preparation and maintenance, and cleaning storage facilities and overnight locations
• Occasionally assist with administrative tasks including, but not limited to, trip preparation and follow up, and communication with agencies, participants and volunteers
• With the help of the Program Manager, develop and carry out an Intern Project to help improve Winter Program trips
– Qualifications –
• Enthusiasm for sharing the outdoors with people of all abilities
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Experience working with youth or special needs programs preferred
• Experience with environmental education or leading outdoor trips preferred
• Experience with Winter driving preffered
• CPR and First Aid Certified (WFA or WFR are preferred)
• Previous experience with XC skiing preferred but not required
• Ability to take initiative, be flexible, and work independently
• Experience successfully working and living in a team environment
– Training –
• Individual training from Winter Program Manager
• Ongoing skills development throughout employment
– Term & Commitment –
• Internship term will be full-time residential from January 2, 2020 through April 10, 2020
• Field Interns will be asked to work on weekday and weekend days and on overnight trips.
– Reports to –
• ETC Winter Program Manager
– Compensation and Benefits –
• $400/month stipend with $100/month food stipend. Days worked in April will be pro-rated at this rate.
• Room and partial board
• Nordic ski and disability awareness training
How to ApplySubmit cover letter and resume with references via email to Jake Bartolic at email@example.com by December 16, 2019.
91 total views, 5 today