Other Outdoor Adventure Specialist
Yellow Breeches Educational Center is seeking an Adventure Specialist to join our team. The Adventure specialist will work with program staff to develop and execute our adventure education curriculum. Our adventure education program uses a progression model to build skills throughout the school year and culminates with students earning the opportunity to participate in high end trips such as multi-pitch rock climbing at Seneca Rocks, WV, white water canoeing down the Chattooga river, skiing and snowboarding in the White Mountains, or scuba diving in the Florida Keys. The Adventure Specialist teaches basic to advanced level skills in one or more of our core disciplines (rock climbing, canoe/kayak, mountain biking) through a combination of classroom instruction and experiential trips. This is a salaried, school year position, all staff enjoy traditional school holidays and summer breaks. YBEC has 5 campuses – Annville, Harrisburg, Carlisle, Newville and Boiling Springs.
Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certification preferred. Certifications in one or more of our core skill areas are preferred: AMGA, ACA, PCIA, BICP, or IMBA.
Opportunities to obtain higher level certifications after 1 year of employment.
Successful individual will :
* Plan and lead weekly adventure and experiential trips ( 1-3 trips per week depending on experience level and program needs).
* Lead groups of 6-8 students in mountain biking, rock climbing, ice climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing, rafting, caving, camping, hiking, and other Experiential / Adventure based activities
* Maintain the safety and security of all students
* Utilize and maintain adventure instructional equipment
* Create a weekly lesson plan and instruct class sizes of 6 students in adventure fundamentals
* Plan and lead two week-long adventure and experiential camping trips for the program
* Plan and lead high end multi-day adventure skill based Trips 1-4 times a year depending on program needs.
* Work collaboratively with teachers, coordinators and peers in the attainment of specific goals and objectives
* Support teachers and students in the school setting when not on adventure trips
How to ApplySend your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website at https://www.ybecschools.org/campuses
45 total views, 1 today