Other Outdoor Colorado Expedition Camp Instructor
For almost 20 years, Avid4 Adventure has empowered kids to live active outdoor lifestyles through our unique outdoor programming. From teaching youth to ride a bike for the very first time to guiding experienced campers through multi-day backpacking expeditions, our Summer Instructors lay the foundation for a lifelong love of adventure. In turn, our team members gain invaluable mentorship and training in outdoor sports, youth development, leadership, and Leave No Trace principles. If you are seeking meaningful work as part of an inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts, we invite you to join us this upcoming summer!
In this role you will:
– Guide a 5-night overnight experience, from Sunday to Friday weekly.
– Provide 24-hour support with guidance, supervision, safety and comfort for participants during all activities.
– Co-lead daily outdoor programming including mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing and Leave No Trace principles.
– Follow and educate campers on safety protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants
– Serve as a role model and guide campers by exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
– Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
– Must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible for a Driver position. Driver eligibility required for most positions.
– 1+ years of experience leading kids on multi-day camping or backpacking trips.
– Passion for outdoor expeditions! Must be comfortable with multi-day camping excursions and the 24-hour supervision expectations of this position.
– Position Duration: Training begins May 18 with Backpacking Specialists beginning May 14; Colorado programs run June 2 through August 9. California programs run June 16 through August 9.
– Compensation: Pay is determined based on position, additional responsibilities, relevant certifications, and staff tenure. Starting weekly rates are: $558.00 – $727.08 per week
How to ApplyApply for this role and others on our job board: https://jobs.ashbyhq.com/avid4/2e911d5b-2af1-4109-9567-829d4b25708e?utm_source=Mkjpwe5aJz
58 total views, 1 today