Other Outdoor Facilities Caretaker
- JOB TITLE: Facilities Caretaker
REPORTS TO: Shadowcliff Leadership Team
STATUS: This is a full-time position, approximately 30-35 hours per week, for the seasonal term of employment, early/mid-May (arriving on or after May 5th) through up to one week after closing, approximately October 5th. A strong preference is given for a multi-year commitment.
The primary purpose and function of this position is to serve as the day to day facilities and maintenance person for the Shadowcliff campus, caring for the facilities and property. The responsibilities include preventive maintenance, timely repairs, progress updates, and working with the leadership team and Board for design and implementation of long term improvements.
I. Ability to uphold Shadowcliff’s Employment & Community Standards Agreement.
II. Ability to work with volunteers and staff on maintenance related issues and special projects.
III. Day to day repairs and maintenance of the facilities.
IV. Provide an available inventory of supplies and equipment necessary for routine repairs and in anticipation of special projects.
V. General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, facilities, and related systems.
VI. Be available periodically to supervise staff and volunteers on specific maintenance projects.
VII. Work a full-time, variable schedule (approximately 30-35 hours per week), in
coordination with the Leadership Team.
VIII. Be physically able to adjust to altitude and the physical nature of many stairs and a rocky mountain terrain.
Knowledge and Background Requirements
● Experience in the repair and maintenance of electrical, plumbing, and other facilities-based systems.
● A respectful and collaborative attitude and professional appearance.
● The ability to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
● Ability to work with limited resources and ability to improvise where required.
Periodically supervise staff and volunteers on special maintenance projects.
Critical Job Elements
● Extended work hours sometimes required.
● Ability to perform essential functions satisfactorily.
● Ability to make decisions under time pressure.
● Valid driver’s license and willingness to use personal car (mileage reimbursement provided).
● Staff are not permitted to have pets on the premises.
The Facilities Caretaker will be compensated with a seasonal monthly salary of $750, private room, board (meals that are provided when the Cooks are on duty; at all other times food staples and cooking ingredients are provided but staff persons are required to prepare their own meals), a share of staff gratuities, and a discretionary end-of-season bonus. It is anticipated that the Facilities Caretaker will work approximately 30-35 hours each week.
For more information about Shadowcliff or this position, please visit our website:
How to ApplyPlease send your resume and three references to Emily Cesca: firstname.lastname@example.org
2229 total views, 1 today