Environment Outdoor and Environmental Program Instructor
Frost Valley YMCA is located in the heart of the Catskill Mountains in New York State. Each Year we serve over 20,000 people, primarily from the greater NYC, Long Island, and northern New Jersey region, through our Environmental Education and Groups and Family Retreats Departments. We provide exciting outdoor learning opportunities to very diverse audiences, many of whom might not otherwise have the opportunity to access these experiences.
Program staff are responsible for the preparation and delivery of programs offered through the Environmental Education, Teambuilding, and Group and Family Retreats programs which include but are not limited to hikes, ecology lessons, teambuilding, adventure education, and facilitating high and low elements. Each program staff member must be able to effectively communicate and interact with students and guests of all ages. Persons of color are encouraged to apply.
Frost Valley YMCA seeks to promote an awareness of the interrelationship of the natural world through the usage of the natural sciences and promotes deeper connections between our students and guests with the outdoors, with others, and with themselves.
– Facilitate programs with small groups of students and guests in the areas of ecology, challenge course, group work, outdoor education/recreation, local culture/history.
– Plan and implement lessons and activity plans for each assigned program.
– Prepare, develop, and maintain program spaces and resources for use by staff and participants.
– Serve as host and point of contact for school and teambuilding groups.
– Participate in trainings and development opportunities.
Salary and Benefits:
– $13.20 hourly, Room and Board included.
– Medical/dental/life insurance effective the 1st of the month, after completing 60 days.
– Eligible for YMCA retirement
– Shared and individual housing on-site with a private room.
Start and End Dates:
We are looking for passionate staff to fill our team of Program Instructors.
Now accepting resumes and applications for:
– 2022-2023 School Year- late August 2022 through mid-June 2023
– Fall 2022 Season- late August through November 2022
− Previous experience working with children
− Commitment to working with guests from diverse backgrounds
− Effective leadership, teaching, facilitation and communication skills
− Firm commitment to guest service
− Bachelor’s degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Recreation, related fields a plus OR equivalent life experience
− Hold current First Aid/CPR certifications, or ability to obtain upon hire
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to Eva Larson, Director of School Programs, at email@example.com.
90 total views, 2 today