Bicycling Outdoor Educator
If you love kids and enjoy being outside, we want to talk to you!
Avid4 Adventure, voted on Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work list for multiple years in a row, is hiring instructors for our summer day camps in Colorado. We empower school-aged children to choose active outdoor lifestyles through biking, climbing, and paddling programs. Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. Our training week will provide you with the hard and soft skills you need to succeed in this position.
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress.
– Provide age and developmentally- appropriate instruction in outdoor activities including mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing and Leave No Trace principles.
– Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor adventures.
– Serve as a role model and guide campers by exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities.
– Co-lead off-site activities at designated recreation areas.
– Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals.
– Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
– Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff.
– Minimum of Basic/Community First Aid & CPR prior to the start of camp (Staff with WFA or higher do receive additional compensation).
– Must be at least 19 years of age by the start of camp.
– Share our passion for inspiring kids to get outside and away from screens!
– 1+ years of experience working with groups of school-aged kids through volunteering, school, babysitting, etc.
– Personal experience in at least one of our core sports: mountain biking, rock climbing, paddling or hiking.
– Job dates: Training starts in late May/early June, depending on the state in which you will work. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific dates and details on each location & program, please click here.
– Work week: Monday – Friday, about 40 hours/week.
– Starts at $14.77/hour. Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including hourly rates and experience additives at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.
– Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp
How to Applyapply at https://avid.workbrightats.com/jobmap
89 total views, 2 today