Other Outdoor Outdoor Science Instructor
Outdoor Science Instructor
$88.00 per day, plus room & board
Special Project, Full-Time – scheduled to work September 2021 – October 2021
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking Outdoor Science Instructors for our Fall season! Outdoor Science Instructors are a passionate team of educators committed to providing transformative concept-based outdoor science education experiences. Using our curricula, instructors plan and lead lessons that are student-centered and place-based for all ages. Instructors also rotate through facilities-based tasks to support the overall site and community. This unique residential position offers the opportunity to live, work, and play in Newport, OR. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Teach concept-based, natural science curriculum, utilizing a mix of outdoor, classroom, and online settings for students K-12, as well as adult learners
• Prepare daily lesson plans and clean/maintain teaching spaces and supplies
• Assist meal service and clean dining hall, cabins, restrooms and staff housing, during and at the end of each program
• Recognize, mitigate, and respond to hazards to ensure a healthy and safe program for all participants
• Actively integrate diversity, equity, access and inclusion in all areas
• Demonstrated ability to pivot between individual and team work
• Comfortable leading groups of students in all weather conditions
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
• Combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree
• Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology
• Prior classroom, enrichment, or youth engagement experience
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and American Camp Association (ACA) background checks (&on an annual basis).
• Competitive health benefits and sick time.
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 23 Oregon attractions.
All are welcome at OMSI.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/593317.html. Visit https://omsi.edu/outdooredjobs to learn more about working in OMSI’s Outdoor Education program.
Positions close when filled.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply Here: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/593317.html
595 total views, 1 today