Other Outdoor Outdoor Science Instructor
Outdoor Science Instructor
$90 per day
Seasonal and Special Project positions available
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
OMSI Outdoor Science Instructors are a passionate team of educators and learners committed to providing transformative concept-based outdoor science education experiences. Using our curricula, instructors plan and lead lessons that are student-centered and place-based for all ages. This unique residential position offers the opportunity to live, work, and play across the Pacific Northwest. OMSI Outdoors is currently adapting to the changing conditions of the world. Programming could be a mix of digital, day, or overnight sessions. Work schedule depends on the site and programming needs.
In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons.
• Teach concept-based, natural science curriculum, utilizing a mix of outdoor, classroom, and online settings for students K-12, as well as to adult learners;
• Prepare daily lesson plans and clean/maintain teaching spaces and supplies;
• Assist meal service and clean dining hall, cabins, restrooms and staff housing, during and at the end of each program;
• Recognize, mitigate, and respond to hazards to ensure a healthy and safe program for all participants;
• Actively integrate diversity, equity, access and inclusion in all areas.
• Lead summer programs onsite, traveling, or both. This includes driving a van or bus, teaching, dispensing medication, preparing meals, and campsite set up/breakdown.
• Drive participants to field locations throughout programming.
• Seasonal positions scheduled to work February 23, 2022 – November 4, 2022; Special Project positions scheduled to work February 23, 2022 – June 10, 2022
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday Pay! (Seasonal positions only)
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – valid for two free general admissions to 23 Oregon attractions.
All are welcome at OMSI.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
How to ApplyTo learn more about OMSI’s Outdoor Education Jobs visit https://sites.google.com/omsi.edu/outdooredjobs. To learn more or apply to be an Outdoor Science Instructor, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/693301.html. Position closes when filled.
35 total views, 2 today