Other Outdoor Prep Camp Cook
- Prep Camp Cook
$15.00 per hour
Seasonal, Part-Time; scheduled to work 20 hours per week
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking Prep Camp Cooks for the 2022 Outdoor Education Season! The OMSI Outdoor Prep Camp Cook are essential community members of passionate educators and learners. They provide more than just food; they offer thoughtful meals, comfort, and nourishment for all. The Prep Camp Cook prepares ingredients necessary for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the OMSI Outdoors programs at the Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray in Newport, Oregon.
In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements
You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons.
• Prepare ingredients quickly and efficiently for large school and summer camp groups at designated times.
• Wash dishes used in meal preparation and as needed.
• Maintain Oregon Health Code and American Camping Association standards in handling, cooking, and storing of food.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Experience in a commercial kitchen
• Current Oregon Food Handler Card
• Must be at least 18 years old to operate, repair or clean power-driven food slicers, grinders, choppers and mixers.
• Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and American Camp Association (ACA) background checks.
• Sick Days
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – valid for two free general admissions to 23 Oregon attractions.
All are welcome at OMSI.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
How to ApplyTo learn more about OMSI’s Outdoor Education Jobs visit https://sites.google.com/omsi.edu/outdooredjobs To learn more or apply to the Prep Camp Cook position, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/693358.html Position closes when filled.
80 total views, 1 today