Other Outdoor Resident Camp Director
As the Avid4 Adventure Mt. Evans Resident Camp Director, you will join a team who all share the belief that overnight camp has the power to transform kids’ lives. Our camps (www.avid4.com) empower 1st – 11th graders with the skills and confidence to paddle, bike, hike, climb and thrive in the outdoors through an immersive experience at resident camp.
This position is directly responsible for the successful preparation, management and oversight of our Mt. Evans Resident Camp, our largest overnight camp program serving our elementary-aged campers (grades 1-5) . The Mt. Evans Director will work closely with the other members of the Overnight Camp Leadership Team to improve program curriculum, staff training, communications and engagement, and own certain Overnight Camp team initiatives to help all of our programs. In addition, this role with work with the entire Avid4 HQ team to help with obtaining permits for outdoor recreational activities, cultivating your seasonal leadership team, assisting with local marketing activities, and more. Most importantly of all, the Mt. Evans Director is responsible to coach your season staff team and lead by example to provide the highest quality summer camp program possible.
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socio-economic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress.
You are a Leader and a Coach You will manage a close-knit team in a fast-paced environment through eight weeks of programming and two weeks of training during the summer season. You are community-first and able to maintain high levels of motivation, positivity, and fun in your team, campers, and families.
You Love to Stay Organized and to Create Efficient Systems With so many moving parts to an effective operation, you strive for efficiency in every aspect of the position. We use multiple systems and programs to track camper paperwork, medical information, inventory, and much more. You thrive in environments that require order and will work to create systems that allow us to “Live Smart(er)”.
You are a Problem Solver We love our jobs and have one of the more amazing missions on earth, but our work isn’t easy. We are constantly managing curve balls thrown at us and you must rise to the challenge with a positive attitude.
The Resident Camp Director is responsible for the overall risk management and success of all aspects of the Avid4 Adventure resident camp program. Main core responsibilities include:
• Ensure the impeccable planning and execution of Avid4’s Overnight Camp programs in alignment with Avid4’s 3 Bottom Lines (Safety First, Stellar Programs, & Happy Staff).
• Provide oversight and management of all operations and their staff at the Mt. Evans Resident Camp, including program, staff management, customer experience, kitchen, facilities, and medical teams.
• Design and execute an incredible Staff Training, as well as manage and support both Camp Leadership and field staff throughout the season.
• Update program resources, curricula and manuals for Seasonal Camp Leadership and Instructors (Leadership notebook, program binders, training outlines) to set up staff for success.
• Be the front line of support to families, staff, and campers at camp and manage all needs and emergencies that may arise.
• Create a high-functioning, professional relationship with our partners at the Jeffco Outdoor Lab and JeffCo Public Schools.
• Manage and adhere to the annual budget for the program.
• Ensure all safety guidelines and regulations are met in accordance with state licensing, American Camping Association Accreditation, and our Leave No Trace Youth Program Accreditation.
• Must be at least 25 years of age in accordance with ACA requirements.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the camping, outdoor education or adventure industries.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant staff/employee management experience.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant youth development or education experience.
• Demonstrated creative problem-solving experience.
• High levels of communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Minimum Medical Certifications include Wilderness First Responder & CPR from a nationally recognized provider (can be obtained after hiring but must be prior to the start of your first program season). Avid4 Adventure will cover the cost of this certification if you do not already have it.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Starting pay will be between $60,000 – 65,000 and is dependent on experience. Additionally, depending on company performance, annual bonuses may be awarded.
• Benefits package includes flexible time off, 75% company-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account company contributions, company-paid Long term disability, 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match, camp discounts for children and family and many other fun perks/benefits.
• While in-season (late May to early August), this position would live on-site at our beautiful Mt. Evans camp location in Evergreen, CO for the summer season (approximately June 1-August 10). This notion should excite you.
• During the ‘off-season’, this position works remotely but there will be times it is required for you visit the Mt. Evans location and attend occasional meetings and events at our headquarters in Louisville, CO. It is highly preferred that individuals for this position live around the Front Range of Colorado.
How to ApplyApply Here:https://www.click2apply.net/Z4XNP5SXJ4mBu184s6DMe
551 total views, 1 today