Other Outdoor Ropes Course Manager
The Heard is looking for an individual who has a passion for sharing nature with others and a drive to help create the next generation of scientists, outdoor-enthusiasts, and conservation minded individuals. This part-time position will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of the ropes course and canoe program in the role of the Ropes Course Manager. This position is highly variable and hours and work days vary seasonally. Weekend and occasional evening availability required.
Ropes Course Manager Duties
1. Function as the on-site ropes course/canoe program manager during the execution of ropes and canoe programs.
2. Ensure accurate and current inventory records of materials, supplies, and equipment and ensure the Ropes Course and Canoe Programs have adequate supplies necessary for programming.
3. Ensure ropes course and canoe program volunteers and staff receive timely, relevant, and appropriate training.
4. Ensure accurate and current usage and safety logs for all ropes course elements and equipment.
5. Systematically inspect all Challenge Course elements, canoes, and related equipment to ensure effective and efficient operation and safety.
1. Perform clerical duties associated with the administration of all programs including processing paperwork and operating a computer.
2. Meet or exceed the standards for the safety, security and emotional welfare of participants for all programs.
3. Ensure safety standards are understood, enforced and followed by all appropriate program staff and volunteers.
The above duties reflect the general responsibilities necessary to describe the principal work functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be in the position.
Professional Standards – Qualified Applicant will:
1. Understand and follow all Heard policies & procedures
2. Present self in a highly professional manner to others
3. Understand that honesty, ethics, and good judgement are essential
4. Ensure that excellent customer service is maintained with each customer
5. Maintain a positive attitude toward the position, the company and co-workers
6. Instruct, coach and encourage others to support by action and example the Heard’s mission
Physical Qualifications – Qualified Applicant must be able to:
1. Walk/hike on uneven terrain – often for more than an hour and covering a mile or more.
2. Climb (ropes, ladders, poles) to set-up programs and access program elements
3. Bending, Kneeling, Reaching to set-up programs, facilitate course elements, and store/retrieve canoes and other supplies
4. Carrying and lifting objects, supplies and equipment up to 50lbs, including canoes
5. Paddle in canoes and kayaks on open water for long periods of time (2-3 hrs) or for duration of shift
6. Work outside in various weather conditions
Degree in Environment Science, Outdoor Education or other related field would be a great asset.
1. 2-3 years of experience in a closely related educational environment with minimum of 1 year supervisory experience and 1 year teaching experience required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience developing and leading programs for students and/or adults.
3. Must demonstrate an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students of varied age groups, including young children and adults in small as well as large group activities.
4. Previous experience in a similar challenge course and/or outdoor education environment strongly desired. Current certifications in ropes, paddling, first-aid, and/or life-guarding a plus.
5. Must be able to use Windows and associated software applications (i.e. word processing and spreadsheets).
How to ApplyPlease submit your application through our website under the "Employment" > "Ropes Course Manager" section.
131 total views, 2 today