Trek & Backpack Trip Leader
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Trip Leaders for the 2022 spring, summer, & fall seasons. Trip Leaders manage the safety of trip participants while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education courses in the field, including sea kayaking, whitewater paddling, backpacking, rock climbing, glacier trekking, and mountaineering. Leaders also manage risks and assure effective courses while serving as an educator and role model.
Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation in an accurate and timely fashion, and participate in pre-trip and post-trip briefs. Additional duties include facilitating a meaningful group process and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for instructors and students to follow. NCOAE is proud to be an AEE (Association for Experiential Education) accredited organization.
– Prior experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education,
residential summer camps, or related field
– Current Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification, or
willingness to obtain
– Competency in risk management skills
– Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of an NCOAE instructor course
– 3+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education
– Current WFR or WEMT certification
– Master’s, Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in adventure education, outdoor
education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree
How to ApplyInterested applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter & resume to email@example.com
36 total views, 1 today